About Me

My photo
www.carlietrosclair.com

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Trimming the fat

Literally.... Making large cuts into the wallpaper today. Up until now my cuts and placement has been calculated and meticulous. Which in a sense can be seen as either deliberate or hesitant.

At my last residency I sat on my ideas for the first 2 weeks. Let them mull over. Second guessed. Came up with reasons why it wouldnt work or whether it was worth pursuing. Essentially crippling myself. Then literally within the last 3-4 days whipped them all out.

Planning and being thoughtful are essential in bringing any idea to fruition but sometimes too much can lead to shutting down your intuition.

Having deadlines also help.

Large sweeping gestures and big bold cuts today. Now it's down to gut decisions and reactions... Onward with day 3.

1 comment: